Are You Eligible for the Victorian Solar Power Rebate?
Rebates and Loans are available for Solar Panels, Solar Batteries and Solar Hot Water.
Get up to $1,888 back on your solar power system installation and up to $1,888 as an interest-free loan (paid to the Gov’t). Thanks to the new Victorian Government solar energy program “Solar Homes”, you can get solar panels installed for your home at a fraction of the cost. Find out if you’re eligible below and get solar panels installed for your home today.
What is the Solar Home Package?
The Solar Homes program was designed to cut carbon emissions across Australia and help more homes plan for the future with solar power. Predictions show that by helping more homes take advantage of solar energy, carbon emissions can be reduced by almost 4 million tons. This initiative is also predicted to create 5500 new jobs and push the solar industry forward in terms of jobs, research, and innovation. Join the solar revolution and get solar energy for your home that will continue to be valuable for years to come.
Are you Eligible?
You may be surprised that most Victorians do qualify for a solar PV rebate. There are currently a lot of rebates still available for Solar Hot Water Systems and Solar batteries. Visit https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/ for more information.
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
Once you’re confident that your property fits the eligibility criteria, you should start researching solar retailers who are authorised to participate in the Program and can meet your energy needs.
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
If you’re eligible for a solar rebate, the experts at Leading Solar can supply and install your solar panels, solar batteries or solar hot water system. We’re authorised to participate in the program, and can meet your needs when it comes to solar energy. Whether you need a small or large system installed for your home, we can get you up and running with solar energy fast.